What I Learned From On-line Dating

Reading back through my first experience with on-line dating is so fucking painful!  Not because of the experience, but because of how I allowed it to make me feel and how desperate and crazy it literally made me!  Wow, just wow!  So here is what I learned from this experience:

1.) I am not Booty Call material!  While I seriously just want a nice romping in the sack, I clearly let my emotions take over way too soon.  I cannot believe that I got so freaking crazy over the slightest attention from a man.  Seriously need to put that in check real fast!! 

2.) Do not focus on chatting up one person, play the field - what is the harm?

3.) If he isn't asking you questions about your hobbies or things you would like to do, he is probably looking for a hook-up only!

4.) Do not, I repeat do not, send dirty messages or sexy photos until you know that you are both on the same page about what it is that is taking place, whether it is just a booty call or not!

5.)  Lower your damn expectations and guard your heart lady friends because you will not be on the same page with everyone you chat with.  Not everyone is upfront and honest with what they want.

6.) If he isn't initiating contact, he's just not that interested anymore so learn from my mistakes, have a little class and move the fuck on!!  Leave desperate, crazy chick in the closet until a few dates in.

7.) Above all else, respect yourself!  Respect your feelings! And listen to your gut!  If it is causing you the slightest bit of doubt, anxiety, and clearly is no longer fun, don't continue to participate because it isn't worth it!

8.)  Maybe just buy yourself the vibrator!!!!!!

At the end of the day, I am happy that I put myself out there because I do think that is important for me to start doing.  While it wasn't the outcome I had hoped for and caused me a lot more anguish than I expected, I really did learn what exactly it is I am looking for and what I am not!  I discovered what areas I need to grow and work on before I get back out there.

Comments